Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Elflog




I awoke early this morning when Chuck said " You might want to walk the dog now" as he headed off to walk his 5 miles on the track, " it's already 80°f/26°c and only 6a.m." I was out of the house in 15 minutes! I checked on the shelf and found it looking very shrine-like, reminding me of those tributes I've seen at Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris. "Wire-writer" had placed a mermaid with a fish on a "line" and moved the word "summer" to create a little tableau on the pole above the shelf. I posted two images, hoping that you'd be able to see the fish. The small items on the shelf had been rearranged, a dry magnolia leaf, a cloth "ghost, " a tiny metal train, all seeming to be symbolic. This is so special, I hope that no one takes it down, I dread the day that I approach the corner and it won't be there. Then I think, all is transient, so I'll keep documenting and sending you the Elflog.

2 comments:

JB said...

That has got to be the coolest thing ever. It is truely devine. I want to start this in my neighborhood somewhere.

mim said...

Do that JB, start one. Put up a shelf, leave it alone, be patient, maybe someone will put a stone on it and then it'll bloom!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...