Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day cakes

I decided to make Red Velvet cake for Valentine's day. I used my exciting new Bundt pan and miniature heart spring pans. I've decided that this is the last Red Velvet cake that I will make using red dye (a coal tar derivative.) I'll be switching to a cake using beets and cocoa after this. Anyway, the cakes looked gorgeous. I decided that I'd use whipped cream on top of the small hearts and in the center of the Bundt. The cakes were a visual success. The big cake turned out a bit dry, perhaps in the oven a tad too long. I'm glad I did it and now I have lots of cake in my freezer for future guests.


1 comment:

Lesa said...

Glorious!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...