Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day cakes

I decided to make Red Velvet cake for Valentine's day. I used my exciting new Bundt pan and miniature heart spring pans. I've decided that this is the last Red Velvet cake that I will make using red dye (a coal tar derivative.) I'll be switching to a cake using beets and cocoa after this. Anyway, the cakes looked gorgeous. I decided that I'd use whipped cream on top of the small hearts and in the center of the Bundt. The cakes were a visual success. The big cake turned out a bit dry, perhaps in the oven a tad too long. I'm glad I did it and now I have lots of cake in my freezer for future guests.


1 comment:

Lesa said...

Glorious!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...