Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Typewriters







I have two typewriters. The Smith-Corona is from my college days. The Remington was bequeathed to me by a friend who moved to Europe. She had it in her yard sale for $25, including another ribbon, but no one wanted it. I plan to one day do an art project using them. In the meantime, they collect dust. They are very good at that. I don't know how good they'll be at typing a letter (yet!)

2 comments:

Moonshadow said...

I have a Remingtion Quiet-Riter! My dad had gotten it from his church when they updated all their equipment. I had thought about trying to sell it, but when I researched it online I found that there are quite a few writers out there that are hanging on to these models for nostalic writing. One blogger has her's loaned to a local college for one of the writing classes to use (http://ohtheresjustnotelling.blogspot.com/). I guess the Quiet-Riter was the cadilac of typewriters in it's day. You can still get ribbons too.

Barbara said...

I like that your typewriters have cases...that certainly helps to keep the dust off! I've got a Royal electric typewriter that uses "daisy wheels" and has a correcting tape (like "whiteout" [ha!] )...the daisy wheels come in different fonts. I'm glad I've held on to this typewriter all these years. Thanks for this post, mimmyg!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...