Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I took the bus into Manhattan from NJ yesterday and met up with Mica. We had dinner at a Japanese restaurant called Nomado 33 in the Murray Hill area. We sat by a window overlooking a little garden with a fountain that reminded me of Isomu Noguchi. The food was fabulous. I can't say anything that would be able to explain the delicous-ness. It was major YUM! Later, we went to see the movie Iron Man, which was fun. If you see it, stay to the very end of the credits for a surprise. I was happy that I was able to climb the six flights of stairs to Mica's apartment! Yay for staying fit! We had brunch this morning at Oliver's in the west village, where we had Mimosa and Bloody Mary cheers. After a stop to buy some yummy cheeses and a baguette, we boarded a bus to New Jersey where we had a nice family visit. Photos of Ryan's frosted cupcakes will be posted at some point. They were pretty spectacular. A nice Mother's day, the first I'd spent with Mica in a long time, and maybe the first ever with Dawn.


No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...