Thursday, May 29, 2008

Market day

I work for Victory Farms of Hanover of Thursday mornings at the Farmers' Market, as some of you know. I just love it. It's so nice to talk with people about produce, exchange recipes, buy things from other vendors, like today fresh local strawberries that were so yummy.


I liked the way this person's market basket look, filled with her produce choices.


The French radishes are my favorites. I like to eat them raw, or on bread with butter. Lots of people like my radish spread...here's a simple recipe. Put a package of cream cheese, half that amount of butter, and some of the radishes in a food processor and whirl away. You can also add some green olives with pimiento, or even some carrots. You don't need to add any seasonings. If you're vegan just substitute the non-dairy products for the dairy version, of course. It's really a good summery spread for crackers.

Last week was the first time I tried fresh garlic. Here's what it looks like.



No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...