Monday, April 14, 2008

Elflog update.

On the 7th of April, the shelf looked very sweet, with fresh flowers, some tiny art in a plastic bag, some lovely sentiments. During the week, it changed a bit. Saturday morning, I did a bit of rearranging of the couple items on it, some stones, a piece of small art, but didn't visit it again until last night on our evening walk. I was shocked to find this big note on the pole. What had happened!? All I could think of was that someone smashed the shelf down and someone else found it and put it back up. I took the photos with my cell phone, since I didn't have my camera with me. Today, I brought my camera on my walk and took the picture of the shelf and a side view, which shows that the shelf was, indeed, tampered with. The note was no longer on the pole. I discovered it, still in plastic, by the alley half way up the block and brought it home with me. I'll write a thank you note to the person who re-installed the shelf and leave it for them to find, hopefully. Whew!! But isn't if fabulous that someone says that the shelf meant a lot to a lot of neighbors? I love that. Truly wonderful.



1 comment:

Nora said...

Hi Mim,
It's Nora from Etsy. How nice your blog is. I have one but don't fully understand how to do it. Your writings are so calming. Thank you for sharing.
Nora

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...