Monday, September 10, 2007

A day with friends...






We spent a lovely day, yesterday, with los padres de Carlos. They took us around to see a few sites then to see the Marriott Hotel & casino where Carlos Sr. works. It was very impressive, very big, very active. The pool had fountains and slides, a bar where you sit on a stool in the water, and places to sit and enjoy looking at the ocean, which we did after lunch. The lunch was a buffet where we could sample lots of things we might not have otherwise tried. For dessert, we tried some typical sweets, majarete y tembleque. I managed to speak español with the madre, feeling pretty pleased with myself that I could be understood, though I’m sure I sounded like a niña.

1 comment:

Le Synge Bleu said...

they said that you spoke really well - that your spanish was excellente. wanna tutor me? i've got 4 months to learn! they loved you - thanks for ebing teh family emissaries!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...