Saturday, September 08, 2007

African Heritage Museum




One of the displays showed traditional African masks and a djembe drum, in another room there were amazing masks that developed later. We saw examples of the barrel drums like the ones being made in the workshop. A small room was devoted to Santeria and this cabinet shrine was set up in a corner. I wish there was a humidity and temperature index attached to this so you could feel how caliente it was. Whew! We headed back to El Convento, where we could relax in somewhat cooler surroundings. We ended up at the plunge pool again, to relax and read awhile. The breeze was very nice.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...