Monday, July 16, 2007

A group of bags.


Being in my studio has been such fun. I make a couple tiny collages, I make some bags, what a life! These bags are for sale at the Farmers' Market at our Sprout stand. Last week I brought 4 and sold 3 of them. One bag at a time...eliminate the plastic. My sister sent me a brochure about a person who started a company called 1 bag at a time. See, take heart, it's happening all over!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Your bags are VERY cute. Glad to see people are buying them and how perfect to sell them at a farmers market. How much are you selling them for? :)

mim said...

I'm selling my bags WAY below cost. I just want people to use cloth! And the fabric is stuff that would go to the landfill so really it's my time involved. Okay, so here it is...only $5 USD.(I don't pay myself much per hour...LOL) And to think, I only paid 80 centimes Euro for my Monoprix bags.

Unknown said...

contact me about selling these through the shop - we're beginning to offer a (small) discount to those who bring their own bag, i'd offer a bigger one if they bought the bag from us!!

thanks
regina
beggar's bones

Unknown said...

I love these! Question: what do you think about using plastic bags to dispose of cat litter? I understand that some people wrap it in newspaper, but I don't take the newspaper anymore -- read it all online. I know that even a re-used platic bag will still wind up in a landfill. What do you think is the solution?

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...