Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Post Creative Sprint, Mail Art and such.

#69

#70

#71
 I was recycling some old magazines, 1960, that I couldn't have in my studio anymore because of the OLD smell.

I did glean a few images of sweets from an advert. Couldn't resist them.
Postcard Post Secret

Postal Museum




















Added an arm in this one just for the fun of it.












A friend an I went up to Washington, DC, last week to see the exhibit at the Renwick Gallery. I had to, of course, stop at the US Postal Museum. My friend hadn't  been there before so I was eager to show it to her. There was an exhibit of postcards from Post Secret. Many were on display but so many had been received that there was a huge glassed in area full of bundled cards. This is only a portion of them. I couldn't take a full photo without lots of reflections, so I put my camera against the glass to capture this small portion.
It was a terrific exhibit.




Here's a view of the interior of the downstairs area central space. If you're in the area and haven't yet been to this museum, do go. It's right next to the train station. And entry is gratis.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...