Sunday, January 25, 2009

Los Angeles

I went to Los Angeles last week to help celebrate my mother's 95th birthday. What a trip!! (in many ways) Mom had three fetes, one evening after another, with different groups of family members. She loved it. On the first day I was there, we took mom to some health related appointments. After one, we stopped at a bakery for coffee, drawn to it by the wonderful aroma. They had a recession special: $2.50 for a big cup of coffee and any pastry. Here's what my sister and I chose. Mom ate her's so fast I didn't get a picture of it. The shop reminded me of patisseries in Paris. No kidding! Here are some of what they sold. The cookies were fun, especially the ones like Jackson Pollack paintings. If you're ever near Northridge, California, USA, check out Delicious Bakery.



No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...