Sunday, October 05, 2008

OBX

Our trip to the Outer Banks (OBX) of North Carolina was brief (an over night) but lovely. The weather was perfect and we got to walk on the beach twice, looking for sea glass and shells, enjoying the breeze and the sound of the waves. The sky was so blue with puffy little clouds. More photos on my other blog, if you need more sea and sand. We went to an old haunt of ours, where we'd get fudge and walk in and out of shops. It's now an antique "mall" with lots of little antique shops, a children's dance studio, a hair cutting place, some offices. Ah, memories. And of course, the birds. Here's a little fellow by him/herself. In Manteo, where we judge the OBX marathon art competition, we ate lunch at Full Moon Cafe, which we recommend. Really tasty food and lovely umbrellas!



No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...