Thursday, October 30, 2008

Art in a Box

I created this set of collages, which fit into a box made from another of my collages, for a show at Art 6 gallery in Richmond, VA, usa. I've included a touch of my Robert Motherwell inspiration in each of the pieces. Once the collages are in the box, I'll seal it with an old postage stamp. The title of the piece is "Do Not Break Seal." Only the purchaser will be able to do that. I'm going to send along a plexi vitrine for the display. I won't be here to see the show or get the reaction from viewers, but that's okay. I had a great time creating these and making the box. Oh yes, size of collages: approximately 2.5" x 3.5" (6.5cm x 9cm) If you're in the area, check out the show, which opens the first Friday in December.


2 comments:

Elin said...

These are lovely!

Katherine Hisako Kodama said...

Hi Mim!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I love these collages - i feel inspired to try my hand at it.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...