Saturday, December 02, 2006

more St. Paul





This studio belonged to an artist whose work was the best we'd seen in the village. We had a nice chat with her. For lunch we went into a tea shop and had "club" sandwiches, delicate white bread with thin layers of cucumbers, boursin, hard boiled egg, and the music playing was the sound track from the film Himalaya. Very peaceful. Also peaceful was the little cemetery where Chagall is buried. (at least, I think he is, I didn't walk down to check on it.) Outside the walled area of the village is a restaurant where locals play boules. The view from the ramparts above the cemetery was so beautiful. There was no way that I could capture it in my photos, rolling hillside, tile rooftops, very picturesque.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...