Monday, September 13, 2010

A very cool idea! Papergirl San Francisco!

Awhile back I posted about this cool project in San Francisco. Art will be rolled up like a newspaper and tossed from a moving bicycle to random people. Read about it here. It's based on an idea started by a woman in Berlin. Read about the original project here. SO, I made some art and sent it off yesterday. Here's what one piece looks like, except you have to image this image centered on a piece of 8.5 X 11 (21.5 cm x 27.9 cm) I did 6 pieces based on three of my collages. Here's what I did: I copied three collages 2X in black and white on regular copy paper. I added lines with colored pencils with the circular lines representing the art being tossed. I then used my sewing machine to sew on something additional. The pieces can be rolled up easily. What fun to participate in this project.

1 comment:

Beanie Mouse said...

Oh what a brilliant idea!!! I might have to pinch this one!!!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...