Saturday, September 18, 2010

An old cook book

I was going through a book shelf in my TV room, where I keep books that I've read and might re-read. I discovered that I still had my first vegetarian cookbook. I received it, in water damaged condition, from a new colleague of ours when he learned that I was new to not eating meat. I gave up meat in 1979, November of that year, to be precise. I remember it clearly because it had to do with a very large turkey that I was preparing to cook and my dog Saffron, who was rolling on his back wanting to be petted. I won't go further with the image but that was the end of my meat eating. Anyway, it was fun to find this old friend. I looked through it but only remember using one bread recipe, and maybe, I used the part about how to sprout things and how to make yogurt, maybe. I'm going to post the bread recipe here.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Old cookbooks are the best!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...