Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tote



I'm so happy when I make a tote! A friend gave me some really nice fabric and I made this bag, which Chuck said reminded him of the south of France. It's so chilly here in Richmond, VA, that we're thinking of sunny south of France right now. You can see another view of this bag on Fritzi, my etsy shop.
My neighbor just gave me big box of fabric to go through. Oh, fun, lots of great fabric to make totes from. I'd forgotten how much I LOVE fabric. Both of my sisters and I have this thing about fabric, which we come by directly from MOM!! We grew up watching her cut patterns from newspaper, to make our clothing. We cut our teeth making doll clothes. In high school, she'd make me these way sophisticated Vogue pattern dresses. Wish I still had them. Okay, not really, I haven't worn a dress in years, but it'd be fun to see them again.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...