Friday, June 22, 2007

Elflog: much news


I was going out of town for a few days and was worried about the shelf being bare. The day before I'd left, it was pretty bare. Only a few little stones. I made sure that it was a little more lively before we took off. When I came home, things had been changed, and then on Wed. a tile reappeared, along with a the word Alloha (a sticker?) and a piece of interesting exotic stone. More wire words have appeared, too. I've put a couple of magnets that I made on the pole. They stick nicely to the hammered in nails. But here's the BIG NEWS!! On Thursday, while I was working at the Farmers' Market, a dear friend came up to me and said, " I know who you are. Do you know who i am?" Well, yes! I thought, what's this? She was holding up a wire figure! Oh mi oh mi. She said "I'm the wire lady." She's the person who's been putting up the wire words, the wonderful wire writing. She found out I was the stone "elf" from a neighbor. That neighbor has been adding the little flowers. Then today, in the grocery store, I saw another neighbor who lives on the shelf street. I asked her daughter if she'd noticed the shelf. She had, and she had put things on it. She said that her grandfather had put the little piece of paper with the word "Peace" written on it on the shelf. I told her that we were shelf elves. We still don't know who put the shelf up on the pole in the first place. The mystery remains. Isn't the wire person terrific!? (that's Smitty, my dog, waiting patiently to cross the street.)



1 comment:

JB said...

Thoae are great! PLease let me know how the artichoke pie came out and please share teh tofu recipe with me!! XO

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...