Monday, August 07, 2017

Mail Art

I've been working with these three elements for awhile. A pair of glasses, a mouth, a hand. I think I did the first one in the fall of 2016.  They made me laugh so I started to collect these images from magazines.

When I was notified that Micro Galleries was doing another event, I submitted a few images to see if they'd be interested and they were.

Yay, these pieces will be seen in Jakarta, Indonesia. I hope they "translate" visually for people of a different culture.

I'll have a total of 27, and will label them with letters of the alphabet for simplicity.


I'm not sure how they'll be displayed, but they'll be kept original size which is 4" x 7" (10.16cmX17.78)




Do you have a favorite? I do!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Smiling! All great.

Anonymous said...

This one's hard. I keep scrolling up and down. My favorite changes the moment I scroll up just to be sure. LOL! I've settled on TWO favorites but they're all rather cool and arresting. This is great. Congratulations!

I am really quite fond of mine. Thank you! :D

chris said...

Your work always makes me smile.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...