Monday, August 07, 2017

Mail Art

I've been working with these three elements for awhile. A pair of glasses, a mouth, a hand. I think I did the first one in the fall of 2016.  They made me laugh so I started to collect these images from magazines.

When I was notified that Micro Galleries was doing another event, I submitted a few images to see if they'd be interested and they were.

Yay, these pieces will be seen in Jakarta, Indonesia. I hope they "translate" visually for people of a different culture.

I'll have a total of 27, and will label them with letters of the alphabet for simplicity.


I'm not sure how they'll be displayed, but they'll be kept original size which is 4" x 7" (10.16cmX17.78)




Do you have a favorite? I do!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Smiling! All great.

Anonymous said...

This one's hard. I keep scrolling up and down. My favorite changes the moment I scroll up just to be sure. LOL! I've settled on TWO favorites but they're all rather cool and arresting. This is great. Congratulations!

I am really quite fond of mine. Thank you! :D

chris said...

Your work always makes me smile.

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...