Tuesday, July 18, 2017

More in the JFK series

#79
The Mail Art on the left with the Kehinde Wiley painting as the background is the most recent of my JFK collages. I'm really fond of how it turned out. I'm, also, using old postage stamps in these collages.



Number 80 was made today, to send to an Internet friend, who found out she had a life threatening illness.
Butterflies always bring some joy into the world.
I don't know why the image of that Mail Art moved down below, but it did, and I can't move it back up here. Dang parameters of this platform. Dang.

  I included a photo of the commemorative postage stamp sheet that the JFK images are coming off of.  I scooped up a bunch of them when we were doing a mailing for a friend of mine, who's running for political office locally.  I have lots of them, so let me so you'll be seeing this series a lot in the coming months.
The stamp sheet
#77

#78

#80



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I amJonesing for that nail polish color. I'd wear it a lot if I could wear polish. Wear it for me one day? :)

mim said...

Maybe tomorrow will be your day! I've gold on today but tomorrow's another day! I'm a nail polish collector!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...