Sunday, October 10, 2021
A Memorial Poem
NAMES
It's that time of year -
the holy time -
when we formally -
communally -
remember -
and say the names aloud -
of those -
no longer with us -
I'm thinking -
this year -
of the names -
how long it would take -
to read them aloud -
so many people gone -
everywhere -
in the newspaper -
I say the names aloud -
of people I don't know -
and yet -
feel the need to say their names -
aloud -
Ida -
Earl -
Alfreda -
Marvin -
Robert -
Shirley -
Cornelius -
Verlina -
and Casey -
Aloud -
Giving momentary substance.
-in memory-
09.15.2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's August already!!!
The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days. I'm writing writing this...
-
I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...
-
I decided to recycle some Virginia Museum of Fine Arts monthly magazines. I created this series using bits from the publication. It was a l...

1 comment:
Oh my dear mim have you suffered another loss ? of someone dear and close ? My SIL went a yr ago now and my dear old Gin went on sept 24th 2021 . at 15 yrs old she had a heart murmur . she got to where she could not get up off the floor and I knew it was time . It broke my heart but had to do it . Hard to believe she and my SIL died a yr apart to the day . Well blessings my dear and you take care .
Post a Comment