Sunday, October 10, 2021

A Memorial Poem

NAMES It's that time of year - the holy time - when we formally - communally - remember - and say the names aloud - of those - no longer with us - I'm thinking - this year - of the names - how long it would take - to read them aloud - so many people gone - everywhere - in the newspaper - I say the names aloud - of people I don't know - and yet - feel the need to say their names - aloud - Ida - Earl - Alfreda - Marvin - Robert - Shirley - Cornelius - Verlina - and Casey - Aloud - Giving momentary substance. -in memory- 09.15.2021

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my dear mim have you suffered another loss ? of someone dear and close ? My SIL went a yr ago now and my dear old Gin went on sept 24th 2021 . at 15 yrs old she had a heart murmur . she got to where she could not get up off the floor and I knew it was time . It broke my heart but had to do it . Hard to believe she and my SIL died a yr apart to the day . Well blessings my dear and you take care .

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...