Monday, March 16, 2015

Some fun news!

 This is the atrium of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA.) I took this photo when this new space first opened. It looks the same though it's usually always filled with people now. The museum is open 365 days of the year and is free of charge except for special exhibits. How nice, right? We love hanging out there.

AND here is #1 FUN NEWS!
 I will, once again, host  Slow Art Day at VMFA.

Participants will meet me at the museum on Saturday,  11 April, at 11 a.m. and view 5 works of art for an hour. Then we'll convene at the Best Cafe, at noon,  for an informal conversation about the experience. I'm excited to be doing this again. If you are in the area, please sign up on my Facebook Page, Slow Art Day 2015 - Richmond, VA - VMFA 
  or leave me a message on this blog, or send me an e-mail.. If you comment as anonymous leave me your name and info so I can get information to you. Bring children if you have them or know any who'd enjoy this activity, as well as adults. It's open to anyone.

Cover
First page

Fun Thing #2 - I'm so happy to be participating in The Sketchbook Project again. I missed the deadline because I wasn't being mindful, but then, the deadline was
e x t e n d e d!
Lucky me! Hooray.
So here's the cover and the first page. I spent a lot of time thinking about what I was going to do before starting so that it's all come together for me.
It's minimal, as usual. 
  I'll show more pages eventually, or tomorrow.
Fun Thing #3 - my page from the Artists Coloring Book will be among several featured at a festival in Cape Town, South Africa.  Check out the link and see the cool things that are happening all around the world via Micro-Galleries.

Fun, right? This is all so fun.



No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...