Back to my old "tricks" with Mail Art collages. I found some left over scraps from a previous series and used them to create two new pieces. They remind me of landscapes.
The random letters spell nothing but with the addition of a question mark and en exclamation, wow, they sure do seem to be telling us something.
I think this one is a particularly strong landscape. Alien, with so many suns in a black sky. What do you think? Evokes landscape, right?
I made cards out of the photo that I posted on Facebook of my little arrangement on my porch rail. People thought these were small, like salt and pepper shakers, but the cactus is a large cookie jar in reality.
People gave me nice captions for them.
So I made up the postcard and sent them out to people with their caption on the reverse.
I made lots of cards, so here are a couple that I added text to, making my own conversations.
These strike me as quite amusing. I have more cards to work with so you might see more examples of my silliness.
If you'd like to receive on in YOUR mail box, let me know.
A friend asked me if I'd like some old stamps and of course I said, yes. BUT I got something even better than stamps, though I did get quite a few of those. What I got lots of were first day covers! I don't know if they have monetary value, but for me what a treasure trove for Mail Art. Here's one envelope that I changed up a bit to send out to someone. I popped a card saying "Creativity is a Practice" into the envelope so it wouldn't go empty.
Today was the American holiday called Mother's Day. It's been all changed up from the original idea of it, made so commercial. I never required that my kids celebrate me on this day. I felt pretty much honored on a regular basis year round, but it's nice day to be out and about. Every year for a long time, I've sent my kids cards on Mother's Day - if not for them, I wouldn't be one. But now we have a little grandgirl, and I like celebrating this new life and our DIL. We walked to Carytown where Z went to her favorite restaurant for her usual, a mini-baguette. She walked lots, amazing how fast she goes. We were exhausted but she still had energy.
So back to the First Day Covers: do you know anything about them, did you ever collect any? What did you do with them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's August already!!!
The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days. I'm writing writing this...
-
I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...
-
I decided to recycle some Virginia Museum of Fine Arts monthly magazines. I created this series using bits from the publication. It was a l...






No comments:
Post a Comment