Saturday, December 19, 2009

SNOW and more SNOW



The snow started last night, about 5 p.m. and hasn't really stopped since.
You can see in one photo how it looked when it first started, then in the other just a short time later. See by the light, the snow still falling. It's very cold. Right now it's 28°F according to the weather channel, and 1' to 2" more snow is expected. In some areas, there are up to 18" of it. I didn't measure but you can see from the photos that we had quite a bit.

My honey got stuck in NYC, as his plane was canceled. He was scheduled to leave last night but the earliest I could rescheduled for was Sunday
afternoon. Now with the storm headed up the coast, he may get cancelled again. Oh, dear!

My back porch door got blown open during the night. Snow piled up outside, then snow was blown onto the porch.

I made a batch of oatmeal cookie dough and invited my little neighbors from around the corner to come over and bake. Not only did they make cookies, but they tramped the snow down on my front steps (no shovel!) and they played in the back yard. Recipe for cookies here.







4 comments:

phonelady said...

reminds me of my house in ky last year in the ice storm .Im going to Ohio in 2010 in either april or may so here I come back to snowy weather again next year.

Straitjackets are Slimming said...

It looks so nice in pictures. Unfortunately I now have to take the dog out.

Beanie Mouse said...

Oh wow!! Cancelled planes!! Hope he gets back OK....

Marie Cloutier said...

Wow :) And hi! Nice to meet you! :-) thanks for stopping by & commenting. I love that you gave your friend his own dictionary back- that's awesome :-) The Berkshires is such a beautiful place, especially at Christmastime. I'm going to go add you to my reader-great blog! I'll be back! :-)

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...