Monday, December 14, 2009

The pole, the candles, and new mitts

What a surprise! There is NO shelf, but the light pole is still there. I was alerted to the fact that there was a little hand on it. I went by on my walk with the dog, whew, it was still there and I brought it home. I was so excited to see it that I didn't take the time to take a photo of it on the pole. It's made of poly clay and have a glass bead in it. For those of you familiar with a U.S. penny you can see the scale (or those familiar with a hand...ha ha ha...me being silly.)

Candles were lit for Chanukah night #2 and LED lights were lit on my honey's new treat, which he got a World of Mirth, the best toy store in our neighborhood.

I've been busy knitting to keep up with demand (ha ha ha, making myself laugh with my being silly, again.) I got some terrific yarn from my niece last night...can't wait to try it...it makes it's own stripes! I'll post images when I can. I used some left over yarn that I'd gotten in Paris last year to make some interesting detail in this pair of mitts. More silliness! You can see what I'm knitting here.


2 comments:

phonelady said...

Hi I had no idea that you celebrated hannakah or that you were jewsish at all . sorry does that sound awfull ? im sorry if it does but I love the tradition of lighting the menorah . sounds so lovely .

Beanie Mouse said...

Love the hand!! Love that the pole still gets decorated!! And Parisian yarn as well?!?!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...