Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The LAST Elflog update

I went out today, to put an item sent to me by Found-Art on the shelf. I stopped; I couldn't believe what I was NOT seeing. NO SHELF. GONE!! The other two images were taken on 6 July and 7 July, and now, 8 July....gone! It had to happen sometime. I began to document the shelf on this blog 3 April of 2007 and have had a very good run with it. I'm thinking maybe I'll put all of the images in a set on Flickr. When/if I do that, I'll let you know. For now: Thanks SHELF and anonymous shelf makers (there were 2 versions of the actual shelf) for 2 plus years of amazement and community sharing. It was super fun.

5 comments:

MBirch said...

oh no!! poor shelf. RIP

Noah said...

Dang. Maybe a third incarnation will appear. In the meantime, perhaps a small self-published book of pix is in order?

Beanie Mouse said...

OH!!!! Ummm.... maybe I need to send a new shelf then??!

Tatman said...

OMG! I just started looking back through all of the shelf posts and I was looking forward to seeing new posts on it. What a neat idea and I'm glad to see that anonymous others were involved. Maybe someone else will notice it gone and put up a new shelf. If I was there, I would help out and put up a new shelf.

Barbara said...

I'm sure it's that shelf thief that was there before. And I'm sure someone will put up another.
Certainly hope so...love the pics & reading about it...BabsLee

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...