Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The LAST Elflog update

I went out today, to put an item sent to me by Found-Art on the shelf. I stopped; I couldn't believe what I was NOT seeing. NO SHELF. GONE!! The other two images were taken on 6 July and 7 July, and now, 8 July....gone! It had to happen sometime. I began to document the shelf on this blog 3 April of 2007 and have had a very good run with it. I'm thinking maybe I'll put all of the images in a set on Flickr. When/if I do that, I'll let you know. For now: Thanks SHELF and anonymous shelf makers (there were 2 versions of the actual shelf) for 2 plus years of amazement and community sharing. It was super fun.

5 comments:

MBirch said...

oh no!! poor shelf. RIP

Noah said...

Dang. Maybe a third incarnation will appear. In the meantime, perhaps a small self-published book of pix is in order?

Beanie Mouse said...

OH!!!! Ummm.... maybe I need to send a new shelf then??!

Tatman said...

OMG! I just started looking back through all of the shelf posts and I was looking forward to seeing new posts on it. What a neat idea and I'm glad to see that anonymous others were involved. Maybe someone else will notice it gone and put up a new shelf. If I was there, I would help out and put up a new shelf.

Barbara said...

I'm sure it's that shelf thief that was there before. And I'm sure someone will put up another.
Certainly hope so...love the pics & reading about it...BabsLee

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...