Sunday, July 23, 2006

The accident, part four.


Here's a picture of the medical device used to support my arm while it was being cast. I remember one being used in the ER. I was fascinated by it, even then in my doped up state of being. This is the one in the surgeon's offices. I am fascinated by it's being based on that old woven finger puzzle...where you try to pull your fingers out & it tightens. Same principle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That IS really fascinating! And oh man, those stitches and the pin do not look pretty. I can only imagine how tough it is doing everything with only one hand.

Le Synge Bleu said...

ummm...that looks like a medieval torture device to me...then again the old woven finger puzzle used to frighten me...in fact it still does

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...