Friday, December 07, 2012

A week's worth of Mail Art and other stuff

 Our miniature Maple tree has lost it's leaves but they haven't gone far. We found them in piles and gathered them up. They are so lovely even when curled up and dry. So organic!
 This is the last of the color series for now.


After that, I decided to alter 3 cards that had the same image. A boring lake scene.
 I think it's interesting how a single added piece makes a difference.









I used quotes about nature, for these cards. 











For this next group, I used only 3 (or 4) pieces. MInimal. A person, a shape in black, a moth/butterfly.  So much can be said with so little, right?
 Do you know who this woman is?























 Do you know who this man is?
For two days this week, we couldn't park on our street. It was quite nice, actually, but then we have parking spaces behind our house. Then the work began and oh was it LOUD!! First a huge machine dug up the old street, LOUDLY. Then another machine textured the next layer. Then another machine laid down tar. Oh the noise and odor! However, we have a slick new black surfaced street. All that's left is for the stripe making machine to put a yellow stripe down the middle. It will be a quieter experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's lookin' at you, kid.
xo,
bb

Margie said...

Love how you altered the lake scenes Mim!

Dustin De Wind (Dustin Hamby) said...

I really love the Lake Scenes. Mundanely surreal. Thanks for the postcard, by the way! Expect something soon.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...