Monday, November 14, 2022

Some mail Art

This is the reverse of the sunflower piece I sent to a mailart call in Ukraine, It’s organized by Roman Golub (no relation) I sent in an envelope not knowing how long it would be in transit and I didn’t want it to get beat up. 
I used a photo I’d taken at the Virginia Museum of Fine Art in the summer and extended it using Derwent Inktense pencils. I hope it arrives safely. 
UPDATE: This piece arrived in Ukraine. It took only a month. I'm so happy.
I altered a postcard of a planet using circles and lining up the “images” on them to the edges of the planet. I liked how it turned out. 

 A friend added to my collection of old postcards and another friend sent me a note on the back of a page from a vintage book about mushrooms. One seemed appropriate for altering the postcard. It made me laugh and I hope the recipient laughs too. 

We need more laughter these days. What makes you laugh? 

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...