Friday, June 02, 2017

Revisiting old collages

 While organizing my received Mail Art, I came across a group of postcard sized collages. I think I made them as samples back in the early 2000s when I was teaching and doing Mail Art workshops. They are very "fussy" by my current aesthetic, which tends toward minimal.

However, I wanted to do something with them, I so I altered each on slightly.

A landscape postage stamp opens up this image.
 A circle mirrors the circle already in place.
A postage stamp which directs the viewers' eyes in yet another direction.
 Three postage stamps flowing down to the girls.
Postage stamp faces giving directions.


I've turned these into Mail Art. They'll all be sent off to people on my mailing list. If you'd like to receive mail from me through your postal address, just let me know via a comment on this blog, or to my e-mail address.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...