Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Slow Art Day 2014

VMFA

ID stickers for event

Main Entrance area
"It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see."
Henry David Thoreau


Slow Art Day is the global all-volunteer event with a simple mission: help more people discover for themselves the joy of looking at and loving art. This year there are more than 225 venues!


Why Slow?
When people look slowly at a piece of art they make discoveries.
The most important discovery they make is that they can see and experience art without an expert (or expertise).
And that’s an exciting discovery. It unlocks passion and creativity and helps to create more art fans.


This is my 3rd year hosting. I'm very excited to show off the paintings that I've chosen for this year's participants. I have 45 people registered, which is double from last year, plus a few more coming that haven't registered. I'm not sure how many people will actually show up. I'll post photos from the event shortly afterwards.  Check the list HERE to see if there's an event in your city.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...