Thursday, August 06, 2009

The pole and some views

Though you can barely see it, there on the pole where the shelf used to be, was the word "summer" with a flower in wire and beads, held in place by two push pins. I was deeelighted to see it. Previously, I found the word "Dream" on the pole and a day later, discovered it was on the sidewalk. So I took it home.
When I'm in New York City, I take photos of water tanks. For some reason, those ubiquitous structures fascinate me. What a surprise, while riding passenger in the car the other day, I noticed this water tank on the old FFV plant (Finer Food of Virginia used to make cookies in this plant, making the neighborhood smell like a big grandma's kitchen.) I never noticed the tank before. Notice all the visual clutter!

The other night, we had dinner at the home of friends, where we had a yummy summer salad of heirloom tomatoes, homemade mozzarella, and basil. Perfect hot summer food.

I really like this photo that I snapped as I left my friend's apartment for the last time. The chair was waiting to be moved to another apartment. It was quiet and still as I closed the door.

1 comment:

Beanie Mouse said...

Gosh!! The Shelf may have gone but you have Elf pins now!! So you still get to hang stuff on the pole!!
Good pictures...! Oh, and a package of glass went in the post to you today!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...