Thursday, May 14, 2009

a trip to the country

Twice a year, our friend John Freimarck has an open studio where he sells his ceramics, serves us some crackers and cheese, and we get to enjoy the country setting, the beautiful flowers, the dogs, the conversation with John and his wife. We always add a couple pieces to our "set" of dishes. This year, I got a little square plate, like the one in the foreground in purple, and a rectangular plate in purple that is the perfect size for a loaf of zucchini bread.


3 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

I love this artist. I have his pottery from back in the 80's and have visited his pottery twice, once when he was in Mechanicsville. I broke one of my little rectangular plates last night and am quite sad. Does he have a website where I can reorder? I would love to just "pop over," but live in GA now. Reach me at Michelle@MJNInteriors.com. Thanks!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...