My friend Juli told me about UHU offering samples of adhesives. The "catch" - to try it, blog about it, then link to the company's craft designer's blog. Okay, so I'm a marketing tool now. Oy! I got the products. These samples turned out to be products I liked using, so I don't mind writing about them. The liquid roll-on glue worked on metal. I glued scraps of paper, metal and fabric to the little tins in which I keep my various mail-art collage scraps. It worked. I didn't even prep the metal in anyway. The roll-on glue tape worked great for my paper collages. My only difficulty was in figuring out whether to push or pull the tape roller, so I ended up with the tape being a bit slack. The tape is going to be perfect for travel, when I want to make tiny collages in tiny notebooks while on a plane. Check out the UHU blog, www.mariafilosa.com.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
sampling adhesives
My friend Juli told me about UHU offering samples of adhesives. The "catch" - to try it, blog about it, then link to the company's craft designer's blog. Okay, so I'm a marketing tool now. Oy! I got the products. These samples turned out to be products I liked using, so I don't mind writing about them. The liquid roll-on glue worked on metal. I glued scraps of paper, metal and fabric to the little tins in which I keep my various mail-art collage scraps. It worked. I didn't even prep the metal in anyway. The roll-on glue tape worked great for my paper collages. My only difficulty was in figuring out whether to push or pull the tape roller, so I ended up with the tape being a bit slack. The tape is going to be perfect for travel, when I want to make tiny collages in tiny notebooks while on a plane. Check out the UHU blog, www.mariafilosa.com.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's August already!!!
The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days. I'm writing writing this...
-
I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...
-
I decided to recycle some Virginia Museum of Fine Arts monthly magazines. I created this series using bits from the publication. It was a l...
1 comment:
Don't worry, this is the good kind of marketing, and also.. it's what I do! Their blog looks pretty cool.
Post a Comment