Thursday, January 18, 2007

wintery surprise




We had a sudden drop in temperature the other day. When I walked in to teach on Wednesday morning at 0730, it was only 28F (-4C) Brrrrr, did I ever walk fast!! This morning, I looked at our rock garden in front, and what a nice surprise...with snow flakes flurry-ing about, I had some flowers blooming. The "lenten rose" plants had blossoms and another plant, name unknown to me, also had flowers on it. What a wintery treat. Of course, we did have temps in the 70s for several days, so those sweet blooms probably were a mite confused as to what season they were in. I was happy that the freezing temps didn't turn them into withered blooms. By the time I got my camera, the snow had stopped leaving no trace on the ground.

1 comment:

Juli said...

What a great sneak peek to spring surprise!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...