Friday, April 03, 2009

Home Again! Elflog update.


We're back home, after nearly a month away. The weather is spring-like, rainy and warm. My cold is better after spending yesterday in bed with tea and a book, so I took Smitty out for a walk (he never got one yesterday) and while we were walking it began to rain, a lot of rain, but not before I was able to post something on the shelf and take a photo of it. It's a "You're Wonderful" card from here.
A friend told me that the shelf had been pretty bare while I was gone but it's still there. I'm happy to see it.
Smitty and I arrived home soaking wet! Happy for a treat (him) and a cup of hot coffee (me.)

This weekend, I'll be in my studio again, yay, doing a piece for a show I've been invited to particpate in, called "Whodunit." We're supposed to create a small piece that is different from what we usually do, in a small format, 6" x 9" (15 x 23 cm appx.) As I was waking up this morning, I had an idea, with an accompanying visual, of what I will do. Once the show is up, I'll post an image.

2 comments:

Anke Martin said...

Hi Mim, oh no! You caught the European cold as well....hope you will be feeling all good again soon! And enjoy the warm spring weather! Smiles, Anke ;)

MonkeyDogStudio said...

Oh my gosh! I'm delighted to learn that I've actually met the person who goes with the shelf! My husband and I were walking a few days ago and took notice of a cute shelf and ribbons and feathers under the pole staples, and I was thinking what a lovely idea it is, and wouldn't it be great if more people took advantage of things like the staples left behind in poles. Anyway, keep up the good work with the shelf! I love it!

-Janet aka MonkeyDogStudio

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...