Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Mail Art, some baby stuff, and a weather-gram.

 My friend Andrea in the U.K. makes these super weather-grams and she sent one to me. I hung it on the bush by my front door, where I, also, hung a pine cone given to me a couple years ago by one of my tiny neighbors.  Andrea's fun site is Found-Art. Check it out and see what she's up to.
 I did it, I made a baby sweater. I haven't made one of these in a loooong time. The pattern is from 1986, the size is for a 6 month old baby, and I used cotton yarn from Greece. I'm so happy with how it turned out. Now to wait a bit and see a baby in it!
365.2 #277








I was so happy to find a perfect match for this pier. It was just the right angle and subject matter. 









365.2 #278

I'm feeling fortunate to find so many small paintings that are at angles so that I can fit them into a landscape. I have to sort through many of them to find just the right shape to get the effect of a large painting in the landscape.

365.3 #127


The colors for this rough river scene made it a good match for this painting. I was going to add a shadow behind it, but there were no distinct shadows in the image, so I let it be.
3653 #128







This rocky outcropping presented a bit of a problem until I found a painting with coloration at the bottom of the frame that fit exactly with the shaows on the rock. Amazing! Perfect. Again, I didn't add any shadows behind the painting, before scanning it. I may add them now.

3 comments:

Margie said...

These are fab Mim, and that sweet sweater...awww! xo

Beanie Mouse said...

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

PostMuse said...

Fabulous mailart! I love how your art looks so very natural. Like those giant frames are really there.

And the sweater is adorable. Great that you used a vintage pattern, too!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...