Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday Mail Art Update and Barbara Kruger

We were very fortunate to see the Barbara Kruger installation at the Hirschhorn Museum last month.  Here are a few photos that I took there.

It was pretty incredible to be standing in the space surrounded by typography. Very powerful.
I wish that I had more control over the layout here at blogger. I wanted to group the images, in a cluster but can't seem to make it happen. Oh well.
One of the sales clerks in the shop told us that this installation would be up for a long time since it is so involved. If you're in the D.C. area, check it out. 
#221
 This is more in my series of Mail Art cards, continuing the theme I started three days ago. I'm creating partnerships between artists. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the name of some of them when I cut the images out of the magazine. Ooops.
If you recognize the artist, let me know. In this care, #221, Joan Mitchell is at the top. Unknown at the bottom.
#71
 This card #71, has two unknown artists meeting.
#72
















In #72, I have de Kooning (at the top) meeting Joan Mitchell (at the bottom) which could have happened in real life.   In #222, I have El Anatsui (bottom) meeting Yayoi Kusama. I like this meeting very much. How about you? Which is your favorite meet up?
#222

3 comments:

phonelady said...

I so envy you that you are going to museums and such . im so glad that I can live through your eye at least for a minute or two . well take care my dear mim .

Margie said...

222 and the sign about the hair!

Anonymous said...

give your brain as much attention as you do your hair.
amen to that.
thanks for the great photos from the exhibit.
xo,
bb

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...