Monday, March 11, 2013

How did Monday get here so fast?

#212

#218
 Here's a group of four altered postcards. #212 is another of my honey's cards from his Evidence Box series. I added the woman in the foreground and the moth.



I think it's clear what I added in the other cards.
#62
#68

#220

#70

 I've enjoyed having the large selection of boring cards from Sylvia. If you'd like a couple boring cards to alter, let me know and send them to you. I've plenty to share.


























#69

#219
Yesterday's and today's cards take a different turn. Totally different, right? I used images cut from magazines, some art works, some not, to create two and three part compositions.
#220 & #70 are more successful for me than the first two that I did in this vein. I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow. Maybe I like those best because I use bits of de Kooning and Sam Francis paintings in them.
 How exciting, just a few days after we had snow on the ground, we have these. The purple helibore/Lenten rose was in my back yard this morning! I was so happy to see it.
In the front garden, we have several of these plants in white and they are in bloom like crazy! It feels like spring.

2 comments:

Margie said...

I discovered crocus yesterday and posted about them too! Yippee!

Anonymous said...

so lovely, these flowers! Hooray for Richmond spring. Chi town still has s n o w !
xo, bb

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...