Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday update

#201

#51

#52
 These are Wednesday's cards. They use sample colors from some paint line. The top color in #201 was trimmed so only the word "earth" can be seen. On the reverse I wrote " Someday, I hope that we will all be patriots of our planet and not just of our respective nations." (Zoe Weil)
#202

#203

#53

















These are the cards from Thursday. I decided to us a neutral background rather than white to see how that works. I like it. Less contrast, of course, than with the white ground, but still the black keeps the colors vibrant.











No quotes on these yet.









I am really happy with today's cards. Somehow, they just look right.


Do you have those moments with your art work where the final piece just looks right and you don't need to do anything more to it?







I'm slowly using up the colored paper that belonged to my old friend (now deceased 2 years) and as I'm using it, I think of her. These are kind of memorial pieces I'm thinking. Inadvertently, memories of her.

Here's the shelf/cupboard in it's current rendition. So sweet. Someone put a nice ceramic handmade inspiration plaque above it. Things come and go. We still love this little urban shrine to whatever.
We're supposed to get snow or rain or something over night. If there's a nice dusting of snow, I'll go around to this and take a snowy photo of it. 

1 comment:

phonelady said...

sorry for the loss of a friend and yes I often stop by the road when i see crosses on the side of the road . I think that someone must have lost their life there and i pray as I come upon it . I dont know why I did not know the people . I just feel the need to pray for their familys that might not be doing or dealing so well with the loss of a loved one . well guess I have run my mouth enough now take care my dear mim .

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...