Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mail Art in Color and more

 Last post I said that this week called for a change up - I needed color! So here's my color series for this week - as of Thursday (today.)
 I'm pleased with how these are turning out. My inspiration is the torn billboard collages of Villegle. (note: can't get my accented Latin to work - there's supposed to be an accent over the last "e" in the name.)
 I'm finding some good quotes to attach to these when I post them on Facebook.
 This is the least strong of the group in my opinion. Wonder what I'll do for Friday's card.
 Here are my newest birds. I got these from a shop in Duck, N.C. called Solitary Swan. Old spools for the bases and new metal birds printed with vintage looking patterns on them. They are sweet on my studio window. To the left of them is a bobble head ceramic piece that I got in L.A. a number of years ago, and behind that is a small Snoopy figure.
 Look at these cool copper postcards. They were sent to me with a nice note, by a former classmate from my Spanish class. How cool that she thought I'd like them - and I do! Have you ever seen copper postcards?
 This is a lovely quote from Mother Theresa. It's one of my favorites. The image looks like something that Keri Smith might do. Does anyone know who did this particular version of the quote?  Among other things, it makes me think about Mail Art. Small things done with great love.
This is an image from Jockey's Ridge on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The day was over cast. These two shrubs just showed above the line of the low dune.  when I looked at this image, I felt that it was sad, though in person it was very lively with the sound of the wind through the dunes. Are you getting any kind of emotional sense from this image?

2 comments:

Margie said...

Love this whole dang post dear Mim! Love your new birdies. Don't think I realized you are a lover of bird stuff like me! How about more pics of your studio????? Xo

Anke Martin said...

Merry Christmast Mim, to you and your family :)))) Hugs and smiles your way, Anke :)

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...