Sunday, December 30, 2012

Catching up on Mail Art & a fun something to see.

#144a
 I'd been saving this wonderful tea pouring hostess for a good background and found it in one of my husband's assemblage cards. He's made lots of cards of his images and the first batch wasn't to his liking so he was going to discard them. HAH! No, please "donate" them to me, I'll alter them! I think this one worked out perfectly. Oh can I stand it!? When something turns out so good, I just love it!



Last week, I began a series of minimal, 3 bits only, cards.


#145

#146





I added quotes to them -

#145 "To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour."  William Blake



"Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice." Baruch Spinoza







#147
149

##148

 "You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings." Pearl Buck
#144










"If you want peace, work for Justice."
Henry Louis Mencken











"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Martin Luther King












"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one." John Lennon

#143
This vintage vehicle is parked on a side street off of Monument avenue and every Christmas it's embellished with lights, objects, and inside Santa! A wild sight to behold and we appreciate it's fun presence.








"Can I see another's woe and not be in sorrow, too? Can I see another's grief, and not seek for kind relief?"
William Blake


What to do as the new year approaches? I'll surprise myself, no doubt. What about you? What will you make?

1 comment:

Margie said...

Fun, fun, fun dear Mim and I am enjoying the quotes you are adding!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...