Thursday, November 08, 2012

Lots of Mail Art!

 I don't know what's going on with me, but I keep making Mail Art, but not sending it out! In my first 365 Mail Art project, I made it, I mailed it, all in the same day. This time around 365.2, I make a piece daily and just put it on the pile on my studio table. What's with that?
#97







This card was actually inspired by #95  & #96. The substrate is some corrugated that I found.
I love the big Buddha head!
#96

 Today, I received a thank you note from a service person to whom I'd sent a Flatrate box filled with books, DVDs, magazines and snacks. I usually don't get any response, and don't expect any, so when I do, it's a thrill. I included in the box, several of the boring postcards that I got from my friend's mother. I included her address in case the recipient wanted to participate in my Send Sylvia a postcard project, and this service person did. How cool is that?
I hope Sylvia was surprised. You can surprise a service person by participating in Books for Soldiers.  There are women and men in service to the U.S. who do not get any mail. Send them some. 

2 comments:

robyn said...

Thank you for sharing the books for soldiers link! I've had "send a care package to a soldier" on my list of things to do for quite a while. I'm guessing I don't get to send a whole care package through this (just books, games or letters?), but since I love sending mail this might be just the thing I was looking for anyway. Thanks again.

mim said...

I send books, magazines, pens, blank postcards, beef jerky (funny for me as a vegetarian but the troops like it,) snack, candy that doesn't melt, hand sanitizer, playing cards, DVDs, anything that will give the soldiers some entertainment.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...