Monday, October 29, 2012

Mail Art and the Storm Part2

 View from my kitchen window this afternoon. We left the screen in so it caught the drops and gives a nice filtered look. The rain isn't torrential but the wind has picked up. Hello Sandy!
#86









I thought this would be nice for yesterday's storm watch.
#87












This minimal Mail Art works nicely for me. I really do like working with 3 elements to see how I can make an impactful composition. I think this one works nicely. The man is from the background of a still for the movie " A Bout de Souffle" (Breathless) by Godard. I remember seeing that when I was young and being so impressed with it. 


This is what my side porch looks like usually. My honey has hung a striped cloth to divide the area closest to the back door, with it's chair and a little table, from the back of the porch.
Here's what happened today with the wind blowing. The wind lifts the curtain every time there's a gust. Now you can see what's behind the curtain. The yard furniture was brought it so it didn't get tossed around, and there are our recycle bins, plus assorted other stuff.   No porch sitting today!

 Ingredients for making cookies, yesterday.
 Here they are, crunchy oatmeal cookies.
Today, I made pumpking muffins. Must keep busy baking. Come on over and have tea with me!






3 comments:

Anke Martin said...

Mim, be safe! Smiles and hugs your way, Anke :)))

Anonymous said...

Hi. You'll be safe. And I'd really like some pumpkin muffins
and some groatmeal (sic) cookies.
Did you put NAISINS in your groatmeal cookies? It'd be so nice to sit & have tea & hunker down with you. xo, bb

VioletSky said...

the best part of autumn (besides the colours) is the pumpkin flavoured everything!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...