Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mail & non-Mail Art +

#23
 I'm catching up on all of the Mail Art that I've made so far.

#23 is going to a Mail Artist who is celebration a birthday and like skulls. I found some very tiny skull images that I liked a lot. I hope he enjoys this card.
#24
 I'd gotten a few postcards at the Guggenheim, Bilbao, including this one of the interior. We weren't allowed to take any photos inside. I decided to alter the card before I sent it, as it really wasn't all that interesting unless you'd been to the place. I decided that it needed an invasion of postage stamps to make it more lively.
#25

Someone sent me a lovely postcard of a vineyard in the Napa Valley, in California. It was fun to find bits to change the scale. I might add some shadow under the large man to integrate him more into the landscape. 
 This looks like my Mail Art, but it's not. It won't get mailed anywhere. I made it for the VMFA studio school faculty exhibit. I wanted whatever I put in the show to relate to the workshop that I'm teaching. My honey will frame it for me in a simple black frame, mounted on a cool gray background.
 Here's something fun that I did yesterday with a friend. We went to look at cars. She's going to buy a new one. These are her favorites. I think the cream with the brown top and racing stripes might become her's. Don't tell her that I told you.
I loved the way the clouds looked yesterday afternoon. Actually, I like the way clouds look any day, any time.

I shot this through the windshield using my little flip phone. Not bad! 


No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...