Friday, May 18, 2012

Making art +

#926
 I'm moving right along towards 1000 pieces of Mail Art since 1 Dec. 2010. Slowly but surely I'll get there.
I like the odd perspective in this collage.
#927

 I promised to send something to a gal in Zagreb, Croatia, who is doing a "Papergirl" project. I sent her 4 pieces, copies of other collages with collaged bits and sewing added to them. They're 8.5 x 11" in size. I rolled them up and mailed them today. Hopefully, they'll arrive.
 This is one of 4 pieces, 5" x 7" in size, that I did for a project here in Richmond. The call was for self-portraits, or portraits. I'm calling this a self-portrait. Can you see why?
 On Mother's Day, we took a stroll through Hollywood Cemetery.
It was a lovely day for this and there were lots of people there, mostly looking for the graves of the graves of the Presidents (2 are buried there.) My DIL and I came across a stone for a Prince and his wife (a Princess by marriage.) I'd never seen this before. We had to brush the pine needles off of the stones to read them. When I got home, I looked up Prince Wolkonsky and was I ever surprised at what I read. So fascinating.
Isn't this a lovely hand holding the flower wreathe? There are some beautiful tombstone in this cemetery.  This is definitely a place to take out of town visitors. 

1 comment:

Margie said...

What a goal to reach! Getting close now my friend!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...