Saturday, December 24, 2011

In the 700s with Mail Art & a preview

 I'm having fun playing with the labels that my daughter gave me. A happy series for the new year.
 I'm using cut up cereal boxes for the substrate and allowing some of the color from the box show.
 I've added either my white chalk pencil marks or used the koh-i-noor pencils that are a sort of metallic blue and gold colors.
 These postcards put me into the 770's in numbering since I started counting 1 Dec. 2010. I'm going to keep track until 1000, or not.
This is a photo of me, taken in Paris in 2008. In 2 weeks, I'll be standing here again, on the Pont de la Tournelle, the only thing that will look different is my hat. I have a new one to wear this winter.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...