Tuesday, June 14, 2011

#196 and Duckie and a flower

 Here's Marie, she's come into the lodge from her trip to Hawaii. She sees his hat, the letter and the dead birds on the door.  What's the rest of the story?  This altered card is a trompe l'oeil painting.
 The flowers at the pool are lovely. Douglas is in charge of the flora and does a great job of it. Someone else is taking care of bird feeders. This morning, there was a cardinal and some tiny birds there, and a small squirrel trying to figure out how to get some chow, too.
Duckie was minding his/her own business in the pool, facing away from the chattering of birds and squirrel. The water was pleasant and the air a bit chilly but after 2 days away, it felt good to get back to water exercise.

2 comments:

phonelady said...

I love that card and the ducky . I bet the pool did feel good .

Margie said...

I believe I got the very same hibiscus!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...